NOTES FROM 1.30.07
Usage for blogs in schools:
-Posting student assignments
-Audio/ visual recordings for student projects
-Running record for speech fluency
-Parent support and comments
-Teacher communication to parents and students
(I would add: helping attach language and pictures to deaf/hh or hearing student experiences in and out of the classroom that they can access at home and at school)
Universal Design-
Providing multiple ways to access material
Providing multiple approaches to learning the material
Providing multiple ways to assess student learning
This is on cast.org
Nimas talks about the laws in special ed
For example: It is against the law as of August 1, 2oo6 to give students a text that does not have an alternate form. Student should have access to the alternate form in a timely manner.
websites:
http://seilts241.blogspot.com/
QIAT.org
http://www.blogger.com/
sharon@elitsfamily.org
Also go to the national Library of Virtual manipulatives.
Remember: Learning to read and reading to learn. I love this- they are two VERY different things.
Openscorse and open office have free graphic organizers
Rock our world is a website made by a woman in LA that teaches students who are blind or visually impaired.
On the blog: what are your feelings and thoughts about this class? What do you want to get out of this?
Originally, to be honest, when I signed up for this class I just wanted to finish my level 2 credential. Now that I have attended a class I have been made aware of what a wealth of possibly beneficial technological teaching strategies and resources are out there that I had no idea existed. I am now taking the class for a different purpose: from this class I would like to learn how to use technology to benefit my students, make language and reading more accessible as well as enrich my curriculum. Incorporating technology into my teaching on a daily basis will motivate student learning and create connections for my students to a much larger world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi,
I am so pleased to see that your focus has changed. I never want the class to be just "seat time" to fulfill a requirement. I want it to be beneficial for your teaching future.
Sharon
Post a Comment