Sunday, March 18, 2007

Reflections from 3/10

As I mentioned in my class assignment from last week, I have learned about the immense number of technological resources there are to support my teaching and classroom curriculum. The difficult part is figuring out how to apply these resources and use them to enhance student learning. This has been a challenge for me. I have spent the last several days racking my brain trying to figure out my technology-based, group lesson. Finally, I have one that will be attempted on Monday. It is not that I am nervous to use technology in my teaching. Not at all. The concern is applying technology and making it relevant to what is going on in the classroom already. That is where I am getting stuck.
I teach in themes and we will study a particular subject for a long time. For math we were doing integers for a very long time. In history we have been studying slavery and the civil war. Thus, I want to use the subjects that I have been covering to enhance the student's comprehension through technology. Tomorrow we will find out how that goes.....

1 comment:

Sharon Eilts said...

Knowing you, the project will go very well.

Sharon