I had a lot of thoughts after our most recent class. My first thought occurred during the power point presentations when I was reflecting on all of the possible applications of this technological resource. Seeing the three example power points and the different ways they delivered information or taught a subject or skill was very inspiring to me. I am starting to think of how this program could be used to enrich my student's learning environment.
Quickly, some ideas:
- Using Power Point to teach a lesson (not that interesting or creative at this point)
- Creating "books" using a power Point slide show.
- Have students create language logs with pictures where we upload signs and type in printed words.
- Use power point to teach spelling (the jeopardy idea is brilliant)
- Research projects
These are just a few of the ideas- once we start to make our power points for this class I am sure more ideas will come.
A second, unrelated, thought came over the weekend when we traveled to visit my family in Florida for my Grandfather's 80th birthday. I come from a HUGE very tight knit family-especially the women. Unfortunately we are spread all over the US (South Carolina, Florida, Chicago, Kansas, California). We have been trying to find a way to better keep in touch. We want to know what the others are cooking, what funny things their kids said, see pictures, post recipes, share jokes, etc.
One of my aunts suggested that we have an ongoing email that just keeps getting forwarded to everyone and we can all add comments. Another, more tech-y idea would be to start a "Shrigley" web page where we can all log on and post something. That way all of the comments are current and we can all know what the others are up to. Thus, I am very excited about learning how to build a website, even if it is for a less educational and more personal reason!
I maintain the opinion I stated in my reflection after the first class; I took this class as a requirement for my credential, but am trilled at the different applications of technology I am learning about and the possible benefits to my students learning and even for my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are going to be a star, I just know it.
As for wanting to keep in touch with family. Check out Google Docs and Spreadsheets. You can invite others to collaborate with this free online service and then you have a collective diary.
Sharon
Post a Comment